“Miller & Co. Engineering Company Ltd.” was established in 1906 by Nachum Miller, who arrived in Israel and founded an agricultural machinery company to support his family. His son, Yosef Miller added import and repair of a variety of machinery, growing the company and changing its name to “Y. Miller Engineers”. Eventually, Amichai Harlap, Yosef’s father in law, would buy Yosef’s share in “Y. Miller Engineers” to found the Colmobil Company.
In the picture: Yosef Miller (on the right) in Nachum Miller and Sons’ first workshop, Haifa, 1920s. 5